Today my lunch was just so delicious, I thought I’d share it with you. Roast pumpkin and capsicum piled generously atop of fresh herb ricotta and sprinkled with pumpkin seeds.
- 1 slice wholegrain bread toasted
- Pumpkin cubed
- Olive oil spray
- Tbsp or so of fresh chives and continental parsley chopped
- 40gs light ricotta, about a dollop
- Red capsicum halved
- Spoon of avocado to garnish
- Pumpkin seeds to garnish
- Preheat oven to 190c
- Spray pumpkin and capsicum lightly olive oil spray and roast for about 45 mins, turn once. You can do this in advance.
- Mix herbs into ricotta and smear over toast and pile on all trimmings
There is great textures on the plate with some crunch from the pumpkin seeds, sweet caramel from roast pumpkin and capsicum and a little creaminess from the ricotta, it all balances nicely with the fresh herbs. I added the little dollop of avo on top for creamy texture and pretty colour. Doesn’t it look beautiful with the red ribbons of roast capsicum and golden orange chunks of pumpkin. Enjoy your lunch.
Miss Pip xx
PS. Inspiration from a Michelle Bridges recipe, but suffice to say that I have made a tasty few changes.